Old Dog, New Tricks

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 12, 2008 - Keeping the Vet in Business

Mika and I went back to the vet today. Yesterday I discovered she had some discharge from her you-know-what...GROSS! Better get that looked at!

Poor Mik has an infection on her bottom. :(
Poor me because I have to schmear the cream on her every day! :(

Doc says I will probably have to wash her whooie every day for the rest of her life because she can't get herself clean...fun. She also recommended a daily cranberry pill to ward off UTIs.

I had the vet look at Mika's eyes too because every morning she wakes up with eye boogers. During the course of the day I keep wiping the boogers away and she keeps making more, all day long.

Doc says she has allergies, probably from the air con in my scanky room. I am putting Renew Eye Drops in her eyes daily.

Mika is getting cut up hot dog bits as her reward for being good while I wipe, schmear, drop, and pill her. She's a little fussy about it all but it won't be long before she learns it's all part of the daily routine.

2 Comments:

  • At August 14, 2008 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Meghan said...

    Only you could find a dog that can't lick her ass properly...

     
  • At August 19, 2008 at 7:43 AM , Blogger krislars said...

    Welcome to my world Shannon!

    Talk about keeping your vet in business??? You haven't even grazed on my vet bills yet!

    Over the last 2 weeks...Buster broke off a tooth (and in the process of having that removed, it was found that he had a major abscessed tooth -that most likely cased his latest bout with his anemia) AND he ate an entire Costco bag of trailmix (with toxic M&M's and raisins!)...

    yes, 10pm at night and I'm out in the yard pouring hydrogen peroxide and salt down my dog's throat trying to make him throw up. Lovely.

    Good Times!

    Well, just wanted you to know that you are in good company! I'm right there with ya babe! heehee.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home